Bell & Gossett Suction Diffusers are angle pattern, flow-straightening fittings that combine a diffuser/strainer orifice cylinder and full-length straightening vanes to provide ideal flow conditions for the pump suction. They condition the flow into the pump suction to ensure the highest efficiency retention.
The Suction Diffuser Plus includes Bell & Gossett's patented Flow Cone, designed to eliminate recirculation zones that develop in most other suction diffuser designs. These recirculation zones can lead to an increased pressure drop across the suction diffuser and a high degree of variance in the velocity profile as the flow enters the pump suction. Instead, the Flow Cone directs the flow out of the Suction Diffuser and into the pump suction, providing a more uniform velocity profile that reduces uneven stress on the pump impeller and shaft. As a result, pump efficiency is more effectively retained, pumping system energy costs are reduced, and the pump life is extended.
Bell & Gossett Suction Diffuser Features:
- Flow Cone eliminates recirculation zones, directing flow toward the pump, improving flow conditioning, and maximizing pump efficiency retention
- Space-saving elbow design facilitates a close transition between return piping and pump suction, eliminating the need for straight lengths of pipe and separate long radius elbows or reducing elbows
- Full-length straightening vanes assure uniform flow pattern for pump inlet
- Large diameter orifice cylinder prevents debris from entering pump suction while maintaining a low-pressure drop
- Fine mesh throwaway start-up strainer assures a cleaner, more trouble-free system
- Optional pressure/temperature ports permit checking of system conditions and verification of start-up strainer presence
- Completely removable internals for fast and easy maintenance
- Carbon steel or stainless steel internals
- Wide size range from 2"x1-1/2" to 10"x10"
- Easy retrofits with common installation dimensions compared to previous B&G designs
- Easily removable end cap with reusable o-ring
- Plug/blowdown connection permits routine maintenance